Debusting the myths, breaking the taboos and normalising the conversation
There is a growing awareness about Menopause across society and the media. Women make up almost half the workforce and with an ageing population, more and more women are working later in life. With over 3.5m working women aged over 50, this has important implications for corporates, not least the gender pay gap.
Approximately 1 in 4 women suffer from severe symptoms during Menopause and up to 1 in 10 leave their jobs as a result. In the UK around 280 million days per year are less productive due to the Menopause negatively affecting work performance.
Events of this kind help to raise awareness, educate the work force and normalise the menopause. They break the taboo and make Menopause part of the normal conversation in the workplace in the same way that mental health is now far more openly spoken about than before.
These events provide the opportunity to be an industry thought leader on an increasingly important and high-profile topic. This is about driving female empowerment, equality and fairness and recognising the value that women bring to the workplace and how important it is to retain senior women in these organisations.
Our programme offers a series of bespoke talks and workshops focused on understanding female hormonal health at all ages and preparing for and managing Perimenopause and Menopause.
- How to optimise female hormone health throughout one’s lifetime – from periods and PMT to midlife hormonal changes and treatments, particularly HRT,
- The importance of nutrition at every stage of our lives,
- Menopause and the impact on relationships at home and in the workplace,
- Menopause and the positive effect of exercise and physical fitness,
- Menopause and the importance of pelvic health,
- Understanding hormonal changes and its impact on mental health throughput one's lifetime