Link UP London is looking for an enthusiastic, detail oriented, strong communicator and relationship builder to join our team and help us bring Link UP throughout all boroughs of London. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a small but passionate team and play a key role in expanding our initiative aimed at building stronger communities by mobilising professional skills for good.
Since 2016 we have perfected our Skilled Volunteering, always looking to provide an excellent service to our talented pool of volunteers and local charitable organisations. We connect professionals willing to share their skills and expertise with charitable organisations on short term Skilled Volunteering Projects all with the aim of boosting their growth and development. These may be projects in Strategy, Marketing, Governance, Finance, Social Media, Human Resources or other organisational development areas.
While beginning in Wandsworth and expanding into Lambeth, with the pandemic we moved fully online in 2020 and have now supported projects with organisations based in 14 London boroughs.
The Skilled Volunteer Officer is a new position that will work closely with the existing team to ensure that our Skilled Volunteering expands across all boroughs of London while maintaining the connected, high-quality of service that we always strive to provide. Responsibilities will include:
Support the volunteering process and build amazing relationships:
- Track and respond to all volunteer and project requests
- Speak with people/organisations that express interest
- Support the volunteer placement process
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with volunteers and charitiable organisations in our communities of operation
- Ensure that the CRM (Active Campaigns) is up-to-date and working at its best capacity to support our volunteer process and communications
- Ensure established processes are working efficiently and documented and contribute ideas to improve effectiveness of the Skilled Volunteering process and communication
- Map and conduct outreach into new communities
- Support the development of strong relationships within these communities
Help develop our reputation:
- Work closely with the Comms & Events lead to ensure that Skilled
- Volunteering is being promoted regularly on social media and in the media
- Ensure that all relevant entities are receiving regular information about Skilled Volunteering
- Support the generation of content as needed
- Represent Link UP and our Skilled Volunteering within the communities that we work in at events and forums and other gatherings (on and off line)
- Assist with website updates/changes as required
Create opportunities for connections and valuable support:
- Work closely with the Comms & Events lead to run events that bring volunteers and organisations together in fun and productive ways.
- Provide support and input to programme development and to newly developed activity as it emerges
- Actively engage in the development and growth of Link UP London
- Contribute to proposals and reports as required
- Support and engage with the Advisory Board as required
- Represent Link UP as required within our communities of operation and beyond as requested
The above reflects the position at the time of writing; it is not intended to be a task list but indicates the general level of work involved. It is expected that duties will be reviewed and revised as required.
You are somebody who is organised, innovative, personable and wants to make a difference in London!
Skills and Experience
- Project administration / coordination experience including managing process and procedures
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills with ability to engage with different audiences
- Experience conducting outreach and building strong relationships
- Experience with detail driven roles and an interest and ability to delve deeper into specifics
- Good knowledge of cloud-based peer-to-peer software platform
- IT savvy and confidence learning a range of software including content management systems (CMS) (hootsuite, WordPress)
- Experience with CRMs (ideally Active Campaigns) and automations
- Website maintenance experience (ideally WordPress)
- Experience with event management (on and off line)
- Experience managing different work priorities and responding to changes with ease
- Commitment to Link UP goals and vision
- Knowledge of the charitable sector and/or social enterprises
- Knowledge of and interest in building the capacity of charitable organisations
- Enjoys interacting with people and hearing their stories
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills; knowing when to make decisions and when to refer to others for advice
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a small team
- Ability to remain calm and positive while adapting to changing priorities and demands
- Ability to build strong relationships and networks with people and organisations from all backgrounds and at all levels
- Ability to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements
The following qualities are a good fit for our team
- Personable / warm / caring / friendly
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Good networker
- Hardworking / Dedicated / Committed
- Link UP is committed to equal opportunities.
- All offers to work are subject to two satisfactory references.
- You will adhere to matters of confidentiality concerning this role and Link UP.
- There is a 6-month probationary period
To apply for this job please visit charityjob.smoothrecruit.com.