Website Teatime Tutors
Teatime Tutors are looking for fully qualified primary school teachers to tutor children in both the state and private sector.
As one of our tutors, you'll provide students with tailored and bespoke tuition for primary aged children and offer specialised methods or approaches to support individual learning needs. You will provide a service that helps students progress in their study and learning, and apply effective methods of understanding and problem solving, and prepare successfully for exams or tests.
· A knowledge of the entrance exam process from 7+ to 11+ is helpful.
· You must be a fully qualified primary school teacher with a DBS certificate.
· A private tuition session can either be 1 hour or 1.5 hours and is currently online due to the pandemic.
Teatime Tutors are used used to support:
- primary school age core curriculum subjects (key stages 1 and 2)
- preparation for primary-age SATs tests
- preparation for secondary school entrance tests in the state sector
- preparation for 11+ grammar school admission tests
- preparation for independent school admission tests
- literacy and numeracy foundation skills
- verbal and non-verbal reasoning skills
- online tests for CEM and ISEB
As a private tutor, you'll need to (in conjunction with Teatime Tutors)
- schedule and plan individual tutoring sessions for your students
- provide tuition that is appropriate for the individual's needs and study level
- prepare students for exams or tests required for acceptance to education
- assess any barriers to students' study progress
- maintain up-to-date knowledge of the curriculum content and qualification frameworks you're providing subject tuition in
- use relevant tutoring methods and materials
- deliver online tutoring using Teatime Tutor’s established online tutoring platform and Skype
- deliver a professional service
- manage financial arrangements yourself and file an end of month freelancer’s timesheet
- work to Teatime Tutors’ standards
- ensure you meet health, safety and relevant insurance requirements and work in line with child protection regulations
You'll need to have:
- a sound understanding of the subject(s) and tests you tutor in
- knowledge of revision and exam techniques
- planning skills to prepare for each individual tutoring session
- organisational skills to keep track of session dates and times
- interpersonal skills for building a rapport with students and their families
- oral communication skills to explain subjects and test information effectively
- writing skills to provide comments and feedback on students' work
- IT skills to help students access other relevant materials and support and to provide online tutoring
- patience and understanding of individual learning needs
- a friendly manner to help students feel at ease
- the confidence to encourage, praise and challenge students' progress
- some business skills to manage your costs and payments
There are also opportunities to reach a wider audience, throughout the UK and internationally, via online tutoring with us.
Teatime Tutors will offer support and keep you up to date with changes to education and share good practice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com